The EPCN’s objective is to promote conservation of ponds and their biodiversity in a changing European landscape.
To reach this objective, the EPCN proposes to:
- develop exchanges of information on pond ecology and conservation between researchers and managers.
- promote understanding of pond ecology by encouraging the development and coordination of fundamental and applied research.
- raise the profile of ponds and guide national and supra-national policies for their protection
- promote effective practical pond conservation
- disseminate information on the importance, attractiveness and conservation of ponds in Europe
One of the vocations of the EPCN is to promote the sharing of knowledge with a group of international institutions.