Post Doc Opportunity at the Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB)
The Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) is the largest freshwater ecology research institute in Germany (ww.igb-berlin.de). IGB offers excellent laboratory and field facilities for interdisciplinary research at an attractive science location.
IGB cordially invites applications for a highly motivated
PostDoc in freshwater ecology.
The successful candidate will participate in the international initiative “Water challenges for a changing world” which is co-funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany. He/she will study causes and consequences of mass-development of aquatic macrophytes and its management for ecosystem structure, function and services. Berlin will be the main work place but field experiments will also take place at lakes and rivers in Norway, France, Brazil and South Africa.
The position is available from April 1, 2019 and limited to 3 years.
Duties and responsibilities
- measurement of nutrient retention and greenhouse gas emission in macrophyte stands of 6 different lakes and rivers in the partner countries
- analyses of hydraulic effects of aquatic vegetation
- evaluation of strategies to manage mass-developments of aquatic macrophytes
- reporting to funding organisations and scientific publication of results
- PhD in the field of aquatic ecology and good publication record
- experience in measuring gas fluxes, stable isotope analyses and/or hydraulics
- very good command in English and German
Salary is paid according to the TVoeD (full-time position). In keeping with the IGB’s policy regarding gender equity, female applicants are particularly encouraged. Disabled people with identical qualifications will be favoured.
Please send your electronic applications / further inquiries to Dr. Jan Köhler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Sabine Hilt (email@example.com) until February 14, 2019. Applicants should submit a CV (including publication record), one publication, a cover letter indicating research interests and experience, and contact details of two referees (all in one pdf).
Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries
Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V.
Department of Ecosystem Research
Müggelseedamm 301, 12587 Berlin, Germany